Wednesday, April 9, 2008

To Go Green or Not Go Green

This evening, TLC aired a Jon and Kate marathon. It doesn't matter how many times I've seen an episode, I can watch it again and again and again. Kinda like The Hills (sad, but true). David says I should apply to be their nanny-- Jon and Kate's, not LC and Audrina's.

Anyway, one of the J&K episodes featured Sara Snow.
They kept talking about Sara Snow this and Sara Snow that and how exciting it was to have her in their home. After Googling her, I found out that Sara Snow is a "Green Living Expert." On her blog, she answers the Paper vs. Plastic debate. Answer: neither. Bring your own reusable bag. The Cliff Notes explanation is here.

I'm not sure if it was my time in France where no one likes to waste anything, especially not my host parents, the en vogue-ness of going green or the media infiltration of green-ness, but something has recently clicked. I am diligently trying to get my hands on a curbside recycling bin, but it
seems the state of Alabama or Jefferson County likes to keep these locked up and hidden. It is true what they say! Alabama is a slow movin' state. So desperate, I have even contemplated snatching a neighbor's. Don't be surprised if yours comes up a-missin.


So, tonight, as I wait for David to finish his law studies, I am iShopping for a stylish, reusable grocery bag. Tree-hugger chic, if you will. Reusable Bags offers a plethora of green bags. I'm a huge fan of 'ol Betty:

Isn't she cute? She is made by b.happybags. I'm going to shop around. Something green in pink would be lovely.

Okay, gotta go. David just uttered the words: Come over here and watch Jon and Kate with me. Can't pass up that chance.

No comments: