Monday, November 16, 2009

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo

Autumn, I must admit, has never been my favorite season. Gasp, ohh, aahhh. I know, I know. The cooler weather is wonderful but I'm much more of a spring~summer gal. It has something to do with the seasonal color paletttes. I do love my pastels. However, lately, I've been surprisingly drawn to the yummy burnt oranges, rich golds and yellows, dark greens and rosy reds. (Mother, if you're reading this, don't panic. Pastels will always have my heart.)

And lately, I've been oddly obsessed with pumpkins. I just love the shapes, sizes, bumps, ridges, stems, everything. The other day I found these a little too late. You could find them at Olive Juice except she's sold out for 2009. (Insert big frowny face.) They're made from hand dyed velvet and come in different colors all in a handy dandy kit with real pumpkin stems and vintage leaves. How great is that! Or should I say, how great was that.




I thought these images below were such inspiration! Fall tabletops are so natural, earthy, organic - love it. And notice the slate cheese plate with chalk labels. How cute is that!? Why didn't I think of that.






Images from MarthaStewart.com and Sunset.com

No comments: