Monday, August 16, 2010

Eat Pray Love


David and I saw Eat Pray Love this weekend. Having read the book, I was curious to see what the book looked like. Like, did the characters look anything similar to how I had imagined them? Did the scenery resemble my imagination's version? Was Phillipe as handsome as I had envisioned? Respective answers: Yes, Somewhat and No, even hotter.

Unfortunately, David was not too impressed. He said that he liked it at parts, but the acting and plot line were lackluster. I had to agree. Though I was inspired to eat and travel. I left the theater wanting to go back to Italy and just eat, eat, eat.

In the movie, there is a scene with Liz and this glorious plate of pasta. I did a little research and come to find out the dish is called Bucatini all'Amatriciana. The recipe is here. Can't wait to cook it at home!

No comments: