Friday, February 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my Mom's birthday! Happy birthday to the world's most fabulous, sweetest, dearest mom. Love you! In honor of her birthday, I wanted to share 10 reasons why I love her!

  1. Her nurturing and caring spirit. She has this natural sense of what it means to take care of others. 
  2. Her patience. I'm so envious of this trait. She has worked with handicapped children and now works in geriatrics. I think its takes some seriously patient people to work in either environment. 
  3. Her love of all things white. She loved all white before it became en vogue. 
  4. Her humility. 
  5. Her sense of style. 
  6. Her bravery in going out on her own to have her own antique/flea market booth. I always admire women entrepreneurs, especially when it's my Mom!
  7. Her love of God. 
  8. Her creativity. She believes that necessity breeds creativity. There's not enough time for me to tell you all the wonderful, original ideas she's brainstormed. 
  9. Her love for the details, the small things, the little everything things in life. She has always aimed to make every day extraordinary. 
  10. Her Southern hospitality and her beautiful Southern accent. My mom could make "I" into a three-syllable word.  
  11. Did I say 10 reasons, I really meant 11. Reason #11: Because she shared her love of diet coke, red lipstick and hot rollers with me!
Today, Mom, our friend Allyson and I are going to the Ritz Atlanta Buckhead to have afternoon tea for her birthday! Beyond excited!

No comments: