Monday, August 29, 2011

Weekend Recap

In honor of my friend Lizzie's birthday on Friday, I finally baked the homemade strawberry cake from my to-do list. You know those cakes that people say, "Well it's not the prettiest thing, but it sure does taste good." I made one of those, much to my dismay. I was so upset. I wanted it to be perfect for her birthday and the icing wouldn't stop running everywhere.

Despite the cake, a good time was had by all. We had chips and salsa and delivery Chinese. :)


Here's Lizzie in her birthday sombrero, swaddled in flags and blowing out her candles! The flags were leftover from a Mexican fiesta party. We thought they were only fitting.


Kathryn, Lizzie and I 


Happy birthday Lizzie!

2 comments:

Candace said...

Girl you did a fine job on the cake. I have made that similar cake and had a hard time with the icing too. Consistency is key and round cakes are not my thing. I do much better icing a cake in a 9x13 pan. HA!!

Fash Boulevard said...

sounds amazing. super glad i found your blog. i'm following. I'd love if you'd check out my celebrity fashion and style blog and see if your interested in following too. Thanks love. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com