Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Being Spontaneous....sort of

In an effort to be more spontaneous, Mom and I planned a quick beach trip for the Easter weekend.

I know, I know. It's not really spontaneous if it's planned. 

There's an e-card that says, I can be spontaneous...as long as it's properly planned. That's us.

We arrived at the beach Saturday morning at 9 AM. Yes, this means we departed at 4:30 AM. Our first stop was Liz & Jane, a linen clothing store in Panama City Beach.


I must say, it was odd to A) be up at 9 AM in Panama City Beach and B) be in Panama City Beach with my Mom. Let's just say, things have changed since Spring Break 2002.

We made a quick stop at the beach to soak up the sun and get way too much vitamin D. Here's a shot of my mom with her signature beach hat.



For lunch, we stopped at a fairly new restaurant on 30A - 723 Whiskey Bravo. The views of the ocean were great, the food was just okay. (Hence no photos).



Dinner was a completely different story. The food was delicious! To be honest, this trip was planned in large part around dinner at Cuvee Bistro. It's our new favorite restaurant. Each evening, they have Happy Hour with cocktails and half-price appetizers. We took advantage of both. Mojito for moi. Kir royale for mom.





And, what would a great dinner be without dessert? Chocolate crepes and ice cream? Yes, please.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved it and I can see Beverly now in her all white bashing suit and hat. I love that some things never change!