Wednesday, July 16, 2014

30 for 30 Update: Movies and Books

#9: Go to a movie alone.


Definitely not a fear-conquering feat. Just something I've never done alone and wanted to do. I chose Million Dollar Arm. Partly because I am a huge Jon Hamm fan (who isn't?) and partly because I knew it would be a feel good movie. Who wants to go to a scary or sad film alone? Scared and alone? No thank you. Crying and alone? No thank you. Good movie, but don't see any Oscar nominations on the horizon. Sorry Jon. :(



#24: Get a library card...and use it. 


Thanks to a former colleague, I have re-discovered the library. For those like me who live in Jefferson County and have not visited the library since you read The Berenstain Bears series, you will be amazed how far the library has come. Jefferson County links all 40 libraries, giving you access to tons of books, movies, etc. Best part, you can go online, reserve an item, choose your pick-up location and they'll transport the item for you. And, you can return it to any location.

Under my belt so far are two easy reads by Emily Giffin - Where We Belong and Heart of the Matter. Now reading Catcher in the Rye (Yes, I'm ashamed this is my first time.) In the queue: All Fall Down by Jennifer Weiner, Orange Is the New Black by Piper Kerman and Mrs. Dalloway and To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf.


#30: Watch a documentary. 

I chose to watch Food, Inc. a 2008 documentary about the American food system. Scary stuff, my friend. Very informative.



I am anxiously awaiting the checkout of  the Muscle Shoals documentary from our lovely library system. It's in transit as we speak. Thanks for the reminder Kasi!


No comments: