Wednesday, May 23, 2012

mini makeover

I've been imagining a different vision for this corner of my living room. I want to gradually bring in some contemporary accents to update my space. And, I thought this would be a great start.

Here's a before picture - yellow/white lamp (I still love it, but it may find a new home), a framed drawing of Boston (purchased on my first college campus visit) and needlepoint pillows.

BEFORE:


And, here's the after. I added an Ikea black/white striped throw, Ballard Designs apothecary lamp and Ballard Designs hooked bee pillow. With these few additions, I think I accomplished a new look for my silk tufted chair.  

 AFTER:


A few notes - I purchased both the pillow and lamp as part of Ballard's "Bring Home Ballard" sale. These were great bargains. I have continued to love their promotional sale items. However, I must warn you, shipping tends to be delayed since they are such great deals. These two items were on backorder for over a month. But, well worth it.

Also, I'm currently exploring some different options for the stacked books. There are too many colors for my liking. Any suggestions? I'm debating turning them around so the pages face outward rather than the spine.

No comments: