Thursday, May 1, 2008

Collection de Needlepoint

Just in case you haven't heard it enough, I L-O-V-E needlepoint. Mom passed it on to me. Not doing needlepoint, just buying! As crafty as I like to be, I have never been into sewing related crafts. I suppose she passed that on to me as well. But I am always willing to learn something new. I am gardening, right?

Anyway, my mini-needlepoint collection is coming along quite well. It doesn't consist of much, yet. But I sure enjoy it! Finding vintage, or even new, needlepoint is literally like finding a needle in a haystack. Correction: finding needlepoint in non-grandma like colors. It's such a rush! Hi, my name is Elizabeth and I'm addicted to needlepoint.

Mom made a huge sacrifice in giving me this one when I moved to Birmingham. This is how it all began....

"The cow jumped over the moon." This pillow has to be my favorite for its whimsical nature and colors, bien sur. Found this at an antique mall in Auburn, AL for under $20. Definitely a great find.

Mom gave me this one as well. The colors weren't quite right for her style, so I graciously accepted!

No comments: