Monday, February 21, 2011

A Ritz-y Birthday

Lately, I've been a bit belated on my posts. This will be the last to catch you up. These are pictures from my Mom's birthday - Friday, February 11. For her birthday, her friend Allyson and I took Mom to the Ritz-Carlton Atlanta in Buckhead for afternoon tea! Hope you enjoy the pics as much as we enjoyed the tea.


To start things off, I brought Mom a road-trip birthday basket for our 2.5 hour drive to Atlanta. It was filled with some of her favorite snacks - French macarons to die for, organic lemon wafers, Milano cookies, etc.


On our romps to Atlanta, we loooove to go to Roswell. Why, you ask? Because they have a Ballard's Backroom, the largest Trader Joe's in Atlanta, and plenty o' thrift stores and antique malls. Here's a new one we found - loved so many things in this market.

Afternoon Tea!! We started off with champagne and strawberries served with fresh whipped cream and Grand Marnier. Can we say, YUM? I wish I could do this daily.





Allyson and Mom enjoying their spot of tea. 
 


Our individual selection of tea sandwiches. Starting at 12 o'clock and going clockwise: Chicken and Corn Salad with Tarragon on Rye, Cucumber and Mint, Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese with Caviar, Jalapeno Corn Muffin, and on the inside an Egg Salad Sandwich. My favorite was the Chicken and Corn on Rye.


Enjoying the sampling of scones and pastries. My eyes are closed, I know. I'm a chronic eye-closer as deemed by my friend Anne. I couldn't ask the Ritz server to take a third picture.


Here's the thing I love about the Ritz - they focus on details, details, details. Look, even their three tier stand has a lion head on top. Love this place.

No comments: