Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

What a wonderful weekend! I don't know about you, but the weather in Birmingham couldn't have been more fabulous for an Easter weekend. Mom drove to Birmingham on Saturday and shop, we certainly did. After visiting our regular thrift stores, we ventured to the charming Chocolate Biscuit Tea Room in Trussville, Alabama. After a delicious lunch consisting of squash soup, chicken salad, broccoli salad and mandarin orange salad, we sampled the famous chocolate biscuits. The chocolate syrup was delish. I only wish the biscuit was crusti-er.


I always love to check out the bathrooms of fun and interesting restaurants. Sick obsession, I know. But this one did not disappoint. It was painted in a bright fabulous shade of pink (it is the year of pink, afterall). And, hanging on the wall is this wonderful sign. I had to snap a picture, because it's soooo true.


Also, I'd like to take a moment to show off my Easter lily. Before leaving on his weekend guys' canoe/camping trip, David left this surprise for me. It smells heavenly.

No comments: