Wednesday, May 16, 2012

beach bargains

Here's how our mother-daughter beach trip went this year: shop. eat. shop. eat. shop. eat. You think I'm joking.

We started our trek in Mobile and hit every thrift store along Highway 98 to Pensacola, Fort Walton and finally, Sandestin. You think I'm joking, here, too. We realized that our two favorite activities take place in two very different sides of town. Thrift stores by day, white tablecloths by night. So, aside from snapping pictures of storefronts and our favorite dishes, I thought I'd share some of my most prized finds.


This was by far the. most. exciting. find. Ever. 
Two MacKenzie-Childs dog bowls. These type of items are rare gems at thrift stores. 
Do I have a dog? No. But, that's beside the point. I soon will...hopefully. 
 While I don't usually like to discuss prices, I must share so you can fully appreciate my excitement. They were $10 each.


I loved this pottery. It's by no one, but I love her just the same. 


And this dainty thing left me $2 short. I have started a small collection of vintage perfume bottles. 
I think they're so glamorous on my vanity. 

No comments: