Monday, June 16, 2008

You Might Be A Redneck If...

First of all, a belated Happy Fathers' Day! Speaking of dads, while I was home this weekend, my Dad loaded me up with some new tires. You know you've entered adulthood when you not only are appreciative of this gift but also excited. And I was.

As a result of my new tires being put on, my car Ruth began vibrating when I would top 60 mph. So, I had to visit the tire place again. On the first visit to said tire place, I had not enjoyed the wonderful place that is the waiting room. Being without my dad the second go around, I sat quietly in the waiting room surrounded by delightful magazines like Automobile something or another, Tool and Trade and 2004 issues of Woman's Day. Thanks guys. Bored with boredom, my eyes began wandering the room and I noticed these guys all looking at me.







I really like how the middle deer in the first picture is not even mounted on wood but looks as if he is coming out of the paneled wall. I also noticed that the deer on the right in the second picture is one of the older ones given his numerous points and graying hair. My favorite however is the one pictured last. He was really giving me the evil eye it seemed. It reminded me of a face my Dad used to make that was deemed the Bo*ldin look.

Now, I'm a Southener and this ain't my first rodeo. I mean, my friend's dad is actually a taxidermist, so I've seen a mounted deer or two. However...it is quite different when you are trapped in a room with nothing else to do but stare into the sad almost eery eyes of a mounted deer. Oh it's good to be back home, home on the range, where the deer and the antelope play...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely hilarious! And I see what you mean about the last one giving the evil eye! Spooky!