Sunday, August 7, 2011

Summer List #1: Hot & Hot Fish Club's Tomato Salad

This Friday, David and I had a lovely date at Hot and Hot Fish Club and aside from enjoying some nice couple time, we were excited to check off #1 on the Summer List. It was, by far, one of the best culinary experiences we've ever enjoyed. We arrived early and ordered cocktails at the bar. I loved the boiled peanuts at the bar. Quintessential simple, southern food at a white tablecloth restaurant. Love the irony. We were seated for dinner at the dining room bar where we could watch all of the food being prepared. As a fellow foodie, I savored every moment. I really, really wanted to snap pictures, but David encouraged me to keep the camera in my purse. Boo. He's usually very understanding and supportive of the blog. However, this atmosphere was a little more upscale than what we're used to on a typical basis. So, the camera remained in my purse.

He did however, for the sake of my faithful blog readers and for me, snap a quick picture of the famous Tomato Salad! They were gracious enough to split it for us so the presentation remained in tact. The summer succotash with the heirloom tomatoes with the crispy bacon with the balsamic vinegar.... oh, I could gush and gush.

We also had the signature Hot and Hot Rabbit Tamale for an appetizer and then we split the Wood Oven Roasted Lamb Chop. And as a bonus, the sous chef prepared a delicious pasta dish with mushrooms as an "intermezzo" compliments of the house. How very gracious. We were in awe.

No comments: